In a world filled with constant notifications and digital distractions, one word of advice is to UNPLUG. Summer, with its warm sunshine and longer days, provides the perfect opportunity to disconnect from the virtual realm and to reconnect with ourselves and the world around us. Embracing the summer for self-care and renewal means prioritizing our well-being and finding balance in a fast-paced, digitally driven society.
Unplugging doesn’t mean completely abandoning technology but rather finding a healthy and intentional relationship with it. Here are a few ways to embrace the summer for self-care and renewal by disconnecting from our screens and busy lives:
Indulge in self-care rituals: Check in with your body.
- Do you have aches or pains?
- A deep relaxation as in yoga or a massage will help undo those muscular knots.
- Try our spa products for a total body scrub and a space cleanser to maintain a positive and clean energy and make your environment an enjoyable space: https://www.dorotheaessences.com/collections/spa-products
- Drink lots of water to flush out toxins
- Consider a 48 hour fruits and veggies diet. No caffeine or sugar. You will feel amazing and your face will look rejuvenated.
- Pamper and revitalize your body and mindat the sea.
- Create space for relaxation. Indulge in a good book, take soothing baths, practice gentle stretching, or simply bask in the sunshine. Prioritize restful sleep, ensuring that you give your body and mind the rest they need to recharge.
Nature walks: Refuge in nature:
Choose what you are drawn to: mountains, forests, streams and lakes (go on hikes; take in the nature’s energy; hug a tree)
Being in nature helps us;
- To gain perspective
- To exercise your peripheral vision and taking all our surrounding in our energy field.
- To tune into your internal balance
- To be present in the here and now
- To feel grounded
Rejuvenating in nature does not need to be complicated. Check what is close to you and make a long weekend out of it.
Adventure and Exploration:
Embrace the spirit of adventure and seek out new experiences. Explore your local surroundings, visit places you’ve never been, or embark on a mini road trip. By stepping out of your comfort zone and embracing new adventures, you can infuse your life with a sense of excitement and possibility.
Sometimes it’s the best gift you give yourself. Some planning will help make this a great experience:
- Prepare your meals ahead of time so you adhere to a healthy diet.
- Hydrate even more than you normally would.
- Bring sunblock and insect repellants.
- Focus on nature and it’s beauty and anchor that in your activity.
Remember, self-care and renewal are ongoing practices. Embracing the summer as a time to unplug is just the beginning. As you reconnect with yourself and the world around you, pay attention to the positive impact it has on your overall well-being.
Enjoy your summer time and I hope you journal all your feelings and take tons of photos to remind yourself of the wonderful time you had and how to go back to that feeling when things get challenging.
Lots of Blessings
Founder Dorothea Healing and Essences