Putting your best self forward.
When we approach a new year many of us go through our list of resolutions or things we want to change in the coming year. But how many of us concentrate on the things we did or went well for the year? We tend to only think about the things that didn’t work and how we plan to make changes for a better self. Here’s something to think about…..
- What if you looked back on the year and only reflected on the good things that happened?
- What if you reflect on all the great traits you have to offer the world?
- How about those skills that no one can do better than you?
- The projects that couldn’t have come to fruition without you?
Each year we have the opportunity to make changes, but we also have the chance to review everything that went well. This is what we should be concentrating on at the beginning of each year. By listing all the things that went well, and only the things that went well, it forces us to really stretch our minds in a more positive direction.
The next time you make your list of resolutions, I challenge you to only list those things:
- that gave you joy,
- made you feel alive,
- gave you the power to overcome,
- skills you acquired over the year,
- new friendships gained,
- family resolutions that brought you closer together.
It’s time we start to celebrate what we did well over the past year instead of what we need to work on. By doing so you start each year off with a positive start instead of in the arrears.
Here’s to a new wave of resolutions of what you’ll do more of in the coming year, that really worked and made you feel whole.