How are you filling your bucket?
Using a metaphor regarding your bucket of life. How do you fill it?
- Is it filled with people who care and help you build your self-esteem
- Is it filled with those who tear you down?
- Is it filled with life lessons that have given you strength
- Is it filled lessons that have broken you?
- Is there space to fill it up with what you want?
I realize that for many you may be shaking your head with doubt based on what reality is for you. But think about this, when life throws you a curve ball how are you handling it?
- Are you catching it in your mitt of life and taking charge of the situation or are you allowing it to take charge of you and your feelings?
Here’s a thought, next time life throws you that curve ball imagine you’re up at bat and ready to hit it out of the stadium. It may hit you on impact or the catcher may catch it as the empire yells strike. Or you hit a home run and fill your bucket to the brim with another score for your team, for yourself. Your life team is made up of many lessons allowing you to fill your bucket to the brim.
As we approach the end of 2017, take stock of your bucket and what you have filled it with. All you have to do is decide how you plan to react to each drop in the bucket.