Can You Relate To The Adams Family Better Than Your Own?
Do you find that when it comes to family time you’d rather have a time out? Family dynamics can be challenging for most as we tend to harbor ill feelings or unresolved issues that you’ve never really addressed. For some, their family is their savior the one they go to in times of trouble and joy, for others, they run as far away from family events as possible.
We need to understand that there are many reasons we react differently towards family members then our friends, and why the family dynamics seem to be such a strain for most.
- You’ve spent your whole life with family and find they always seem to know which hot buttons to push to upset you.
- They know too much of your history.
- For some it boils down to an isolated incident that was never forgotten or forgiven.
Even though family time can be challenging, as we grow older, we have choices.
- We can try to talk it out and work towards getting past hurtful incidents.
- We can simply choose to be in separate states and only spend time during the holidays or an occasional call.
- We can enlist professional help to allow us to talk and heal.
- We can choose to put hurt feelings aside and realize we only have one family.
No matter your choice, the only ones we hurt is ourselves as we hold on to old hurt and anger. Maybe it’s time to finally let go and heal. Know that we all may not see eye to eye, but that’s what makes the world so wonderful, differing opinions, different ideas, and different ways of viewing things. Let’s work to heal and let go this month, at which point, you may start to see your family in whole new light.